APPLICATIONS AND FEES ARE DUE NOVEMBER 15
On December 2nd & 3rd, 2016, the shores of Lake Wailes will be filled with the sweet smell of barbecue! The Third Annual Orange Blossom Revue will feature the "Moonlight Serenade" kickoff party, a Florida BBQ Association sanctioned barbecue competition, the Florida Tastemakers Marketplace with artisans and vendors from across the state, and live musical guests. Hosted by the Lake Wales Rotary Club and partner organizations. Proceeds will benefit local organizations.
LAKE WAILES PARK: At the intersection of: E. Park Avenue & Lakeshore Blvd. | Lake Wales, FL | 33859-0990
FROM HWY 27 Turn east on to Central Avenue and follow it until it intersects with Lakeshore Blvd. Then make a left and you'll see it on your right.
FROM HWY 60 Turn north at the intersection of HWY 60 and First Street. Then make a right on to Central Avenue and follow it until it intersects with Lakeshore Blvd. Then make a left and you'll see it on your right.
TURN IN TIME:
Chicken: Saturday 11:00 AM
Ribs: Saturday Noon
Pork: Saturday 1:00 PM
Brisket: Saturday 2:00 PM
Pro Division $300
Backyard Division $150
- Grand Champion $300 + Trophy
- Reserve $150 + Trophy
- 1st Place (Each Div.) $125 + Trophy
- 2nd Place (Each Div.) Trophy
- 3rd Place (Each Div.) Trophy
- Grand Champion $3,000
- Reserve Champion $1,500
- 3rd Place $600
- 4th Place $500
- 5th Place $400
- 6th Place $300
- 7th Place $250
- 8th Place $200
- 9th Place $150
- 10th Place $100
- 1st Place (Each Div.) $400
- 2nd Place (Each Div.) $300
- 3rd Place (Each Div.) $200
- 4th Place (Each Div.) $100
- 5th Place (Each Div.) $75
- 6th Place (Each Div.) $50
- 7th Place (Each Div.) $25
- 8th Place (Each Div.) $25
- 9th Place (Each Div.) $25
- 10th Place (Each Div.) $25
EVENT INFORMATION & RULES:
1. Entry deadline: Intentions by Oct. 31, 2016, Payment by Nov. 15th, 2016. FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE. Application submittal does not guarantee acceptance to the contest. All spaces will be assigned in the order that application and fees are received. Entry fee must accompany the entry form. Fees must be received before November 15, 2016. You may sign up online using a credit card on our team registration page. Otherwise, you will need to download, complete and mail in the registration form along with cash/certified check or money order only.
2. Space will be assigned in the order application & fees are received.
3. Early arrival may begin on Thursday, December 1st and will not include generators. Please let us know in advance if you plan to arrive early. Regular arrival will on Friday, December 2nd, 2016 between 9:00 a.m.—8:00 p.m. It is preferred that teams must be in their assigned spot by 9:00 am on Saturday, December 3rd. Arrangements must be made in advance for arrivals AFTER 5:00 p.m. Friday. Departures may begin after the awards ceremony on Saturday afternoon and must be complete no later than Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 12:00 noon.
4. Professional Division must cook in all four categories to win Professional Grand Champion or Reserve Champion. Cook sites are 20 ft. x 40 ft. Bring at least 100’ of extension cord and water hose. You may need a hose adapter.
5. Backyard Division must cook in all four categories to win Backyard Grand Champion or Reserve Champion. Cook sites are 20 ft. x 30 ft. Bring at least 100’ of extension cord and water hose. You may need a hose adapter.
6. Trailers and vehicles MUST fit inside cook space or be parked in our team parking/camping site located in the nearby field at the corner of Orange Avenue and North 5th Street. Parking pass must be displayed at all times or be subject to towing.
7. Motorized vehicles are not permitted on grounds with the exception of the host committee. No golf carts or ATV'S of any type - NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. FBA meat inspections will be Friday, December 2nd between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
9. There will be a mandatory Cooks meeting on Friday, December 2nd at 5:00PM
10. No cash or beverage sales will be permitted at the OB Revue. The Orange Blossom Revue retains the right to all beverage sales.
11. Ice will be available to each team on site for $3 for a 20 lb. bag.
12. No cash sales will be permitted at the OB Revue. All contestants and vendors selling BBQ or any other items at The Orange Blossom Revue will use "Crown Jewels" only. The contestant/ vendor retains 80% and the contest receives 20% for the charity. Vendors not abiding by these
conditions will be asked to leave.
13. Every team, including members and guests, are expected and required to exhibit proper and courteous behavior at all times. A quiet time will be in effect from 11:00 PM on the night prior to the contest judging, remaining in effect until sunrise on the following day. No alcoholic
beverages will be distributed to the General Public. Teams will be informed of all local laws and will adhere to same. Failure to abide by these rules of behavior may result in expulsion from the contest and repeat offenders will be barred from competing in FBA sanctioned contests. This
extends not only to the event area, but also to the nearby team parking/camping site, which is provided for teams' exclusive use courtesy of the adjacent United Methodist Church.
14. Ice will be available to each team on site for $3 for a 20 lb. bag.
15. Pets allowed in cook teams sites only!
16. Each cook team shall provide, at a minimum, a 5 pound fire extinguisher.
17. Water and electrical (20 amp) service will be provided to each space.
18. Beer will be available on the grounds at a reasonable price. All beverages must be consumed from a plastic cup.
19. For additional food management rules & regulations visit www.doh.state.fl.us
20. Garbage pick up will be provided. There will be separate dump stations provided on site for garbage and non-flammable ash.
21. Please refer to the FBA website for rules: http://www.flbbq.org/fba_rules.htm