THE ORANGE BLOSSOM BARBECUE REVUE INFO
APPLICATIONS AND FEES ARE DUE NOVEMBER 15
Prove it by competing in a friendly, Pro or Backyard BBQ competition with a chance to win trophies, prizes, and if you really know your stuff, the “Overall Grand Champion” bragging rights for one year.
Pre-registration is required and space is limited. All teams must provide their own equipment and supplies, electricity will be provided if needed. Contestants must adhere to all electrical, fire and City codes. No open fires are allowed. If you are interested and want to sign up or just want some more information shoot us a quick message by filling out the fields below and we will get right back to you!
When: Friday, November 30th & Saturday, December 1st 2018
Where: Lake Wailes Park - 33 N Lakeshore Blvd. Lake Wales, FL 33853
Benefiting: Lake Wales Rotary Club
Set Up: Teams may arrive as early as noon on Thurs., Nov. 29th and as late as 9:00 am on Sat. Dec. 1st.
Tear Down: Teams must be completely torn down by noon on Sunday, December 2nd.
Fees to participate: $300 for Professionals | $150 for Backyard
Mandatory Cooks Meeting: Friday, November 2nd at 5:00PM
POC: Angela Iversen | email@example.com | 407-697-4077
TURN - IN, MEETINGS & AWARDS:
4 pm - SCA Steak Cooks’ Meeting – hand out turn-in boxes for all categories & 2 steaks each team
5 pm – FBA BBQ Cooks’ Meeting – handout turn-in boxes for all categories and pork butts for those doing People’s Choice.
5:45 pm – SCA Judges’ check in and meeting
6:30 pm – 7 pm - SCA Steak Turn-In
8 pm – 8:15 pm – SCA Dessert Turn-In
9 pm – SCA Steak & Dessert awards
9 am – Kids Que Cooks’ Meeting – hand out turn-in boxes and steaks
11 am – FBA Chicken Turn-in
11:30 am – People’s Choice turn-in
12 pm – FBA Ribs Turn-in
12 pm – People’s Choice begins
1 pm – FBA Pork Turn-in
1:30 pm – SCA Saturday Judges’ Meeting @ People’s Choice Tent
2 pm – FBA Brisket Turn-in
2:30 pm – 2:45 pm – Sauce Turn-in @ Turn-in Tent (judging in People’s Choice tent)
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm – Kids Que Turn-in @ Turn-in Tent (judging in People’s Choice tent)
5 pm – 6 pm – People’s Choice / Sauce / Kids Que / BBQ Awards
FBA Barbecue competition rules can be found on the FBA website Click here
1. Entry deadline: Intentions by Oct. 31, 2018, Payment by Nov. 15th, 2018 FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE. Application submittal does not guarantee acceptance to the contest. All spaces will be assigned in the order that application and fees are received. Entry fee must accompany the entry form. Fees must be received before November 15, 2018. You may sign up online using a credit card on our team registration page. Otherwise, you will need to download, complete and mail in the registration form along with cash/certified check or money order only.
2. Space will be assigned in the order application & fees are received.
3. Early arrival may begin on Thursday, November 30th and will not include generators. Please let us know in advance if you plan to arrive early. Regular arrival will on Friday, November 30th, 2018 between 9:00 a.m.—8:00 p.m. It is preferred that teams must be in their assigned spot by 9:00 am on Saturday, December 2nd. Arrangements must be made in advance for arrivals AFTER 5:00 p.m. Friday. Departures may begin after the awards ceremony on Saturday afternoon and must be complete no later than Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 12:00 noon.
4. Professional Division must cook in all four categories to win Professional Grand Champion or Reserve Champion. Cook sites are 20 ft. x 40 ft. Bring at least 100’ of extension cord and water hose. You may need a hose adapter.
5. Backyard Division must cook in all four categories to win Backyard Grand Champion or Reserve Champion. Cook sites are 20 ft. x 30 ft. Bring at least 100’ of extension cord and water hose. You may need a hose adapter.
6. Trailers and vehicles MUST fit inside cook space or be parked in our team parking/camping site located in the nearby field at the corner of Orange Avenue and North 5th Street. Parking pass must be displayed at all times or be subject to towing.
7. Motorized vehicles are not permitted on grounds with the exception of the host committee. No golf carts or ATV'S of any type - NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. FBA meat inspections will be Friday, November 30th between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
9. There will be a mandatory Cooks meeting on Friday, November 30 at 5:00PM
10. No cash or beverage sales will be permitted at the OB Revue. The Orange Blossom Revue retains the right to all beverage sales.
11. Ice will be available to each team on site for $3 for a 20 lb. bag.
12. No cash sales will be permitted at the OB Revue. All contestants and vendors selling BBQ or any other items at The Orange Blossom Revue will use "Crown Jewels" only. The contestant/ vendor retains 80% and the contest receives 20% for the charity. Vendors not abiding by these
conditions will be asked to leave.
13. Every team, including members and guests, are expected and required to exhibit proper and courteous behavior at all times. A quiet time will be in effect from 11:00 PM on the night prior to the contest judging, remaining in effect until sunrise on the following day. No alcoholic
beverages will be distributed to the General Public. Teams will be informed of all local laws and will adhere to same. Failure to abide by these rules of behavior may result in expulsion from the contest and repeat offenders will be barred from competing in FBA sanctioned contests. This
extends not only to the event area, but also to the nearby team parking/camping site, which is provided for teams' exclusive use courtesy of the adjacent United Methodist Church.
14. Ice will be available to each team on site for $3 for a 20 lb. bag.
15. Pets allowed in cook teams sites only!
16. Each cook team shall provide, at a minimum, a 5 pound fire extinguisher.
17. Water and electrical (20 amp) service will be provided to each space.
18. Beer will be available on the grounds at a reasonable price. All beverages must be consumed from a plastic cup.
19. For additional food management rules & regulations visit www.doh.state.fl.us
20. Garbage pick up will be provided. There will be separate dump stations provided on site for garbage and non-flammable ash.